This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Repository for the conversion machinery
- From: "Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus dot com>
- To: Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at foss dot arm dot com>
- Cc: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 13:39:53 -0400
- Subject: Re: Repository for the conversion machinery
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150916170644 dot GA412 at redhat dot com> <xneghxlplr dot fsf at greed dot delorie dot com> <CAFiYyc0xegRpgj+60+d15eQGx3=GhVr2swvabKw6yY+DnaVoQQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150917104130 dot GB1161 at thyrsus dot com> <CAFiYyc1RaSOCB4K63ab+pMMg3XNZkQcu-SUY3OBF4fLe2f_YfQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150917111531 dot GE1161 at thyrsus dot com> <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 20 dot 1509171705210 dot 31674 at wotan dot suse dot de> <55FAE377 dot 9080101 at foss dot arm dot com> <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 20 dot 1509171805570 dot 31674 at wotan dot suse dot de> <55FAE921 dot 9060602 at foss dot arm dot com>
- Reply-to: esr at thyrsus dot com
Richard Earnshaw <Richard.Earnshaw@foss.arm.com>:
> Well if that's the case then someone ought to be able to produce a meta
> file that could be supplied to Eric, that looked something like
> $SVN: r<nnnn>
> $Committer: <name>
> For the entire repo. I'm sure if we had something like that, *and we
> were happy that it were accurate enough*, then it would be
> straight-forward enough to include it in the conversion process.
Given somthing like that, yes, the mapping to reposurgeonm commands
would be easy.
<a href="http://www.catb.org/~esr/">Eric S. Raymond</a>