Re: Repository for the conversion machinery

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 4:57 AM, DJ Delorie <dj@redhat.com> wrote:

> "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche@redhat.com> writes:
>> That makes sense, but how many people are in cagney's shoes
>
> I am one of those people - I have two email addresses listed in
> MAINTAINERS, with two sets of copyright papers filed with the FSF (a
> personal assignment and a work one).  I use the appropriate email
> address for each commit depending on which maintainership role I'm
> reflecting.
>
> Neither address is "obsolete" and neither address is @gcc.gnu.org.
>
> Using dj@gcc.gnu.org would imply that is my email address, but email
> sent there would vanish.

Would it?  You're supposed to have a valid forwarding address on that.

> But I did discuss my case with esr and understand it's not as easy to
> solve as we'd like it to be.

Not sure why we can't label the individual commits with Authors scraped
from the ChangeLog entries in that commit.  Some commits even have
multiple authors after all!  And if that fails I'd rather use the @gcc.gnu.org
identity.

Richard.