This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Repository for the conversion machinery
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: esr at thyrsus dot com
- Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 22:57:36 -0400
- Subject: Re: Repository for the conversion machinery
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55F98EF7 dot 4030401 at redhat dot com> <20150916170644 dot GA412 at redhat dot com>
"Frank Ch. Eigler" <email@example.com> writes:
> That makes sense, but how many people are in cagney's shoes
I am one of those people - I have two email addresses listed in
MAINTAINERS, with two sets of copyright papers filed with the FSF (a
personal assignment and a work one). I use the appropriate email
address for each commit depending on which maintainership role I'm
Neither address is "obsolete" and neither address is @gcc.gnu.org.
Using firstname.lastname@example.org would imply that is my email address, but email
sent there would vanish.
But I did discuss my case with esr and understand it's not as easy to
solve as we'd like it to be.