This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: dejagnu version update?
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Bernhard Reutner-Fischer <rep dot dot dot nop at gmail dot com>
- Cc: David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot radhakrishnan at foss dot arm dot com>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, gcc-patches List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 12:43:30 -0700
- Subject: Re: dejagnu version update?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1441916913-11547-1-git-send-email-dmalcolm at redhat dot com> <1441916913-11547-3-git-send-email-dmalcolm at redhat dot com> <55F720E6 dot 7020709 at redhat dot com> <4CB1399A-23A6-44F7-A25F-ECBD953E03A0 at gmail dot com> <55F74C3D dot 50504 at redhat dot com> <F5F4A096-2DD7-4635-9CB2-5A611247D71F at comcast dot net> <1B14D92A-0476-416B-A80D-A3083383C48D at gmail dot com> <55F879CB dot 2090607 at redhat dot com> <16565ACE-A56C-4971-BEA9-B299C9B40346 at comcast dot net> <mvmfv2eesa5 dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <2BAFA587-8192-495C-B98C-BDA442B1A8A6 at comcast dot net> <55F997E3 dot 7030508 at foss dot arm dot com> <55F99A9F dot 3050606 at redhat dot com> <1442425182 dot 32352 dot 105 dot camel at surprise> <065237CF-10B6-4065-B4F7-7B1F584566E6 at gmail dot com>
On Sep 16, 2015, at 12:02 PM, Bernhard Reutner-Fischer <email@example.com> wrote:
> Where Joseph said he'd wait some more.. I had thought I asked longer ago than that, time flies if one has fun.
> I'd just require 1.5.3 just to avoid the time needed by folks to workaround those silly ordering gotchas and load cascades that propagate through the tree. Admittedly not my call but a pity IMHO.
If maintanence is a burden for those that usually maintain these things, we can by fiat just bump up to 1.5.3. It isn’t the end of the world if we do. It just seems the cost isn’t that high to me, however I’m happy to defer to the people in the trench. Since 1.5 isn’t going to ease what appears to be the main issue, I think status quo or 1.5.3 make the most sense. So, let’s phrase it this way, if you work in the trench and are impacted, do you want to see the bump to 1.5.3 now to ease the burden?