Re: dejagnu version update?

On Sep 16, 2015, at 12:02 PM, Bernhard Reutner-Fischer <rep.dot.nop@gmail.com> wrote:
> Where Joseph said he'd wait some more.. I had thought I asked longer ago than that, time flies if one has fun.
>
> I'd just require 1.5.3 just to avoid the time needed by folks to workaround those silly ordering gotchas and load cascades that propagate through the tree. Admittedly not my call but a pity IMHO.

If maintanence is a burden for those that usually maintain these things, we can by fiat just bump up to 1.5.3. It isn’t the end of the world if we do.  It just seems the cost isn’t that high to me, however I’m happy to defer to the people in the trench.  Since 1.5 isn’t going to ease what appears to be the main issue, I think status quo or 1.5.3 make the most sense.  So, let’s phrase it this way, if you work in the trench and are impacted, do you want to see the bump to 1.5.3 now to ease the burden?