Re: dejagnu version update?

On Sep 16, 2015, at 12:29 AM, Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de> wrote:
> Mike Stump <mikestump@comcast.net> writes:
>
>> The software presently works with 1.4.4 and there aren’t any changes
>> that require anything newer.
>
> SLES 12 has 1.4.4.

Would be nice to cover them as well, but their update schedule, 3-4 years, means that their next update is 2018.  They didn’t update to a 3 year old stable release of dejagnu for their last OS, meaning they are on a > 7 year update cycle.  I love embedded and really long term support cycles (20 years), but, don’t think we should cater to the 20 year cycle just yet.  :-)  Since 7 is substantially longer than 2, I don’t think we should worry about it.  If they had updated at the time, they would have had 3 years of engineering and testing before the release and _had_ 1.5.