Re: pie in the sky: multi threaded linker

On 13/09/15 05:32, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 2:11 PM, David Kunsman <dmkunsman@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello...I am thinking about starting to hack on something and I found
https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Speedup_areas  and one of the projects is a
multi-threaded linker.  I am just wondering if this is still an area
of interest....if it is I plan on starting to work on it.

The gold linker, in the GNU binutils, supports multi-threaded operation.

I have updated the wiki page to reflect this. It would be great if someone with more knowledge went over it and did a thorough update.

David, as I said already to you, if you want to update the wiki yourself, I can give you editor access.

Cheers,

Manuel.