This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: pie in the sky: multi threaded linker
- From: Manuel LÃpez-IbÃÃez <lopezibanez at gmail dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, David Kunsman <dmkunsman at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 15:29:49 +0200
- Subject: Re: pie in the sky: multi threaded linker
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPVyUPANxsFm0PQk0hDZYnBRJ8T3hmhiHyeFLWs-0UJ4rTMBfQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAKOQZ8y+jB5LyYdwg0w00h5rRM9bJPMWoDZmRwZMB5+JZ2Pv9g at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 13/09/15 05:32, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 2:11 PM, David Kunsman <email@example.com> wrote:
Hello...I am thinking about starting to hack on something and I found
https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Speedup_areas and one of the projects is a
multi-threaded linker. I am just wondering if this is still an area
of interest....if it is I plan on starting to work on it.
The gold linker, in the GNU binutils, supports multi-threaded operation.
I have updated the wiki page to reflect this. It would be great if someone with
more knowledge went over it and did a thorough update.
David, as I said already to you, if you want to update the wiki yourself, I can
give you editor access.