This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: pie in the sky: multi threaded linker
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: David Kunsman <dmkunsman at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 20:32:05 -0700
- Subject: Re: pie in the sky: multi threaded linker
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPVyUPANxsFm0PQk0hDZYnBRJ8T3hmhiHyeFLWs-0UJ4rTMBfQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 2:11 PM, David Kunsman <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hello...I am thinking about starting to hack on something and I found
> https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Speedup_areas and one of the projects is a
> multi-threaded linker. I am just wondering if this is still an area
> of interest....if it is I plan on starting to work on it.
The gold linker, in the GNU binutils, supports multi-threaded operation.