This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Using the asm suffix
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: David Wohlferd <dw at LimeGreenSocks dot com>, Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 15:27:05 -0600
- Subject: Re: Using the asm suffix
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55D139F4 dot 7060109 at LimeGreenSocks dot com> <20150817104114 dot GB22219 at gate dot crashing dot org> <55D2BAD4 dot 7090905 at LimeGreenSocks dot com> <20150818092356 dot GA30482 at gate dot crashing dot org> <55D4F040 dot 30105 at LimeGreenSocks dot com> <20150819214759 dot GA20144 at gate dot crashing dot org> <55D56D66 dot 6060704 at LimeGreenSocks dot com> <20150821114257 dot GB4303 at gate dot crashing dot org> <55EE3239 dot 4060003 at LimeGreenSocks dot com>
On 09/07/2015 06:56 PM, David Wohlferd wrote:
In order for the doc maintainers to approve this patch, I need to have
someone sign off on the technical accuracy. Now that I have included
the points we have discussed (attached), hopefully we are there.
Original text: https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Asm-Labels.html
Proposed text: http://limegreensocks.com/gcc/Asm-Labels.html
Still pending is the line I removed about 'static variables in
registers' that belongs in the Reg Vars section. I have additional
changes I want to make to Reg Vars sections, so once this patch is
accepted, I'll post that work.
--- extend.texi (revision 226751)
+++ extend.texi (working copy)
OK. Please install.