This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
compiling gcc 5.x from the scratch: issues
- From: Michael Mishourovsky <mike dot mishky at samsung dot com>
- To: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2015 08:36:45 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: compiling gcc 5.x from the scratch: issues
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Dlp-filter: Pass
- Msgkey: 20150909083224701 at mike dot mishky
- Reply-to: mike dot mishky at samsung dot com
Hello, gcc team.
At my work I would like to have recent gcc installed but i have no sudo
rights to update the current gcc (its 4.4.7, and OS is redhat linux).
So I checked out latest version of gcc via svn, and following guidelines given
at gcc webpage, tried to download prerequisites, configure gcc to be
compiled into a separate folder and to start make. But got a lot of errors
including errors in test files (that are easy to fix), errors during linkage (seems to be almost final step);
eventually failed to build it up. As it is supposed that this SW is extensively tested, could you tell me:
whether someone tried to build latest gcc (say, gcc 5.1 or 5.2) from scratch and was succeed in this (if he/she follows the guidelines given at the gcc web-site?
If possible, could you check -whether it is still possible to compile gcc or not and update guidelines, if something has been changed when time passes by?
Thanks a lot,
Best regards, Mikhail Mishurovskiy, PhD
Senior Engineer, Advanced Media Lab, DMC R& Center @Samsung Electronics Co.LTD.
Deputy Group Leader, Samsung R&D Russia Institute
Cell (Local Korean): 010-2996-1979