This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Why scheduler do not re-emit REG_DEAD notes?
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Konstantin Vladimirov <konstantin dot vladimirov at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2015 23:27:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: Why scheduler do not re-emit REG_DEAD notes?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CADn89gS_ykSH8zC1za5Vb21TAarcbBM8Q55+jR1bfuvUAu68Xw at mail dot gmail dot com>
> But may be it is part of design and may be it is generally true, that
> we can't rely on correct REG_DEAD notes in platform-specific scheduler?
Yes, RTL passes are not required to maintain REG_DEAD/REG_UNUSED notes, it's
the job of the DF framework.