Re: incremental compiler project

On 09/03/2015 10:36 AM, Manuel LÃpez-IbÃÃez wrote:
On 02/09/15 22:44, David Kunsman wrote:
Hello, I just read over the incremental compiler project on the gcc
wiki...and I am excited to try to finish it.  I am just wondering if
it is even wanted anymore because it is 7-8 years old.  Does anybody
know if this project is wanted anymore?

The overall goal of the project is worthwhile, however, it is unclear
whether the approach envisioned in the wiki page will lead to the
desired benefits. See http://tromey.com/blog/?p=420 which is the last
status report that I am aware of. In addition to that, the
implementation itself would already be incredibly challenging for anyone
with many years of experience in GCC.
Agreed. I think the google project went further, but with Lawrence retiring, I think it's been abandoned.

Jeff