This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Acceptance criteria for the git conversion
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: shmeel gutl <shmeelgutl at shmuelhome dot mine dot nu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2015 10:13:02 +0200
- Subject: Re: Acceptance criteria for the git conversion
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150901105414 dot GA30270 at thyrsus dot com> <55E7F4FE dot 2000805 at shmuelhome dot mine dot nu>
shmeel gutl <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I am working from a clone of the current git repository. Is there an
> automated procedure that will enable me to switch to the new repository
> and still keep all of the commit history of my local branches?
The easiest way to do that is to fetch the new repository into your
local repository, find the equivalent commit in the rewritten history
that corresponds to the upstream commit from the svn mirror, and do a
merge -s ours on that commit. Then switch the upstream to the new
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, email@example.com
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."