Re: Acceptance criteria for the git conversion

shmeel gutl <shmeelgutl@shmuelhome.mine.nu>:
> On 01-Sep-15 01:54 PM, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> >What kind of mechanical transformation or hand-editing would add value for you?
> I am working from a clone of the current git repository. Is there an
> automated procedure that will enable me to switch to the new repository and
> still keep all of the commit history of my local branches?

Fully automated, no.  The closest possible approach to that would be a script
that took your branch point locations and branch names as arguments.

In that script, you should be able to turn your local branches into
patch sequences using git-format-patch, call git branch to create new
local branches in a clone of the conversion, and then apply the
sequences.

(I'm pretty sure there's also a way to do this using the obscure "git bundle"
feature, but I've never learned it in detail.)