This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Acceptance criteria for the git conversion
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Mikhail Maltsev <maltsevm at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at foss dot arm dot com>, <esr at thyrsus dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 19:57:08 +0000
- Subject: Re: Acceptance criteria for the git conversion
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150901105414 dot GA30270 at thyrsus dot com> <55E5B5A2 dot 7070509 at gmail dot com> <55E5B934 dot 1050307 at foss dot arm dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1509011703550 dot 11400 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <55E5F0E0 dot 7050501 at gmail dot com>
On Tue, 1 Sep 2015, Mikhail Maltsev wrote:
> Actually, I did not propose to alter the repository history. I just
> meant to say that if .c -> .cc renaming is still planned, it could be
> done right after conversion, as a normal commit, or, perhaps series of
> commits on trunk and active development (feature) branches.
If such a change were desired, "right after conversion" seems like a bad
time for it - we should allow time for people to become familiar with
working with the new repository, and to iron out any issues with hooks
etc. that weren't found before the conversion went live, before doing any
such major rearrangements of files.
Joseph S. Myers