Re: GTY / gengtype question - adding a new header file

On Tue, 2015-09-01 at 10:13 +0200, Georg-Johann Lay wrote:

> I'd have a look at what BEs are using non-default target_gtfiles.
>
> Johann

There are a few BEs that add a .c file to target_gtfiles, but no
platforms that add a .h file to target_gtfiles.  I do see a number
of platforms that define the machine_function structure in their header
file (aarch64.h, pa.h, i386.h) instead of their .c file though.

Maybe that is a better way to go for MIPS instead of doing something
completely new.  If I move machine_function, mips_frame_info,
mips_int_mask, and mips_shadow_set from mips.c to mips.h then I could
put my new machine specific pass in a separate .c file from mips.c and
not need to do anything with target_gtfiles.  The only reason I didn't
want to do this was so that machine_function wasn't visible to the rest
of GCC but that doesn't seem to have been an issue for other targets.

Steve Ellcey
sellcey@imgtec.com