This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Acceptance criteria for the git conversion
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 12:49:51 +0000
- Subject: Re: Acceptance criteria for the git conversion
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150901105414 dot GA30270 at thyrsus dot com>
On Tue, 1 Sep 2015, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> As a trivial example of the possibilities, sometimes when I do conversions
> I fix obvious comment typos. I generally have to edit the comment history anyway
> to tweak comments that don't have git-style summary lines into shape, so
> fixing typos is not much additional work.
With 227369 revisions I don't think adding git-style summary lines is
really practical without some very reliable automation to match commits to
corresponding gcc-patches messages (whose Subject: headers would be the
natural choice for such summary lines)....
Joseph S. Myers