Re: Acceptance criteria for the git conversion

On Tue, 1 Sep 2015, Eric S. Raymond wrote:

> As a trivial example of the possibilities, sometimes when I do conversions
> I fix obvious comment typos. I generally have to edit the comment history anyway
> to tweak comments that don't have git-style summary lines into shape, so
> fixing typos is not much additional work.

With 227369 revisions I don't think adding git-style summary lines is
really practical without some very reliable automation to match commits to
corresponding gcc-patches messages (whose Subject: headers would be the
natural choice for such summary lines)....

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com