Re: Offer of help with move to git

On 08/27/2015 10:13 PM, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
I'd like to use the --legacy flag so that old references to SVN commits are
easier to look up.

Your call, but ... I don't recommend it.  It's very cluttery, and I've found the
demand for that kind of lookup tends to drop off after conversion faster than
people expect it will.
I suspect we do this with more regularity than most projects. Hell, I regularly wish we had all the emacs backups files from the old mit machines (they were unfortunately purged regularly to make space).

Jeff