Re: Handling the dje ambiguity

Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com>:
> On Thu, 27 Aug 2015, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
>
> > For the curios, here's what it looks like to deal with this in reposurgeon:
> >
> > authors read <gcc.map
> >
> > # Deal with the one ambiguous username.
> > (<1>..<14639> & /master/b) | /premerge-fsf-branch/b assign gcc2
> > <gcc2> authors read <<EOF
> > dje = Doug Evans <dje@gcc.gnu.org>
>
> Bearing in mind that that email address is wrong (I don't know what's
> preferred, gcc.map currently has devans@casey.cygnus.com for him as
> devans; MAINTAINERS says dje@google.com)...
>
> > EOF
> > ~<gcc2> authors read <<EOF
> > dje = David Edelsohn <dje@gcc.gnu.org>
>
> ... and David has said dje.gcc@gmail.com is preferred for him (which also
> applies for username edelsohn, currently edelsohn@mhpcc.edu in gcc.map).

Corrections accepted.  So many different email addresses going around
that it's hard to keep track.

The essential point is what it looks like to support two different mappings
of the same Subversion ID in different parts of the repo.  I know DJ was
interested in this, though I still don't know how to write the proper selection
set for that.