This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 33 unknowns left
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- Cc: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, Eric Raymond <esr at thyrsus dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 21:43:30 +0000
- Subject: Re: 33 unknowns left
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150826193120 dot GA4593 at thyrsus dot com> <CAKOQZ8xhk=ntg-pJkyEY7EhZxJTJXbp2yPVrCyLAo=m1x=nj+Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150826212949 dot GI4945 at thyrsus dot com> <CAKOQZ8x4pqnRmx8fh_3=aZB98S7YpM3YmMnFYhs7eRyzwh1rGQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <87lhcwxwtt dot fsf at igel dot home>
On Thu, 27 Aug 2015, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Ian Lance Taylor <email@example.com> writes:
> > On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 2:29 PM, Eric S. Raymond <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> >>> > rolfh = rolfh <rolfh>
> >>> I think this is Arne H. Juul (was <email@example.com>).
> >> How did rolfh turn into arne or vice-versa? I'd like to have confirmation
> >> on this one.
> > I don't know where the user name comes from, but this one is from
> > multiple ChangeLog entries that matches commits. I see that Joseph
> > got the same result.
> Arne Juul's contributions were committed by different people over time,
> so I don't think he had an account on his own. (There are entries in
> ChangeLog.6, ChangeLog.8 and ChangeLog.10.)
Here is my reasoning regarding the rolfh account. There are just two
r2512 | rolfh | 1992-10-18 17:50:52 -0700 (Sun, 18 Oct 1992) | 2 lines
r2376 | rolfh | 1992-10-08 18:48:26 -0700 (Thu, 08 Oct 1992) | 2 lines
In the gcc2 repository, these correspond to r1.73 and r1.65 of
Makefile.in,v. The relevant ChangeLog.6 entries are:
Sun Oct 18 17:52:05 1992 Arne H. Juul (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Makefile.in (libobjc.a): Remove libobjc.a in current directory
before attempting to hardlink it or make will fail in later stages.
(sublibobcj.a): Don't use $(MAKEFLAGS) for objc subdir stuff.
Thu Oct 8 18:45:00 1992 Arne H. Juul (email@example.com)
* Makefile.in (install-common-headers): added missing 'then'
So rolfh corresponds to Arne H. Juul as author, whoever the committer
might have been, and so that seems to be the best mapping for that
Joseph S. Myers