Re: Ambiguous usernames

On 08/27/2015 11:27 AM, Eric S. Raymond wrote:

I'm pretty sure I know who bothner, brendan, drepper, eggert, ian,
jimb, meissner, and roland are; they've all had stable handles longer
than GCC has existed.
Yup.

 (Raise a glass to Brendan Kehoe; he was a fine
hacker and a good man and it's a damn shame we lost him.)
Absolutely.

Scrutiny should therefore fall particularly on amylaar, bje, bkoz,
dje, gavin, kenner, krab, law, meyering, mrs, raeburn, shebs, and
wilson.
What do you need here? I can confirm that each of those handles corresponds to one specific individual person, with the exception of dje (which we know is Doug Evans and David Edelsohn) and krab, which I don't know the history behind.

Jeff