This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ambiguous usernames
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: esr at thyrsus dot com, Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 12:00:18 -0600
- Subject: Re: Ambiguous usernames
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150826193120 dot GA4593 at thyrsus dot com> <55DE1670 dot 9090401 at redhat dot com> <20150826200942 dot GA4945 at thyrsus dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508262013330 dot 6767 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20150826203821 dot GD4945 at thyrsus dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508271552570 dot 20843 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20150827163313 dot GL12124 at thyrsus dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508271635320 dot 20843 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20150827172730 dot GA14798 at thyrsus dot com>
On 08/27/2015 11:27 AM, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
I'm pretty sure I know who bothner, brendan, drepper, eggert, ian,
jimb, meissner, and roland are; they've all had stable handles longer
than GCC has existed.
(Raise a glass to Brendan Kehoe; he was a fine
hacker and a good man and it's a damn shame we lost him.)
What do you need here? I can confirm that each of those handles
corresponds to one specific individual person, with the exception of dje
(which we know is Doug Evans and David Edelsohn) and krab, which I don't
know the history behind.
Scrutiny should therefore fall particularly on amylaar, bje, bkoz,
dje, gavin, kenner, krab, law, meyering, mrs, raeburn, shebs, and