This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Repository for the conversion machinery
- From: "Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 12:15:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: Repository for the conversion machinery
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150827143810 dot GA10920 at thyrsus dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508271539020 dot 20843 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20150827155235 dot GA12124 at thyrsus dot com> <CAGWvnymuaOjL+pkzP95iQxedEVKdDKADDJsLtgwrPxH3FRE7tg at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: esr at thyrsus dot com
David Edelsohn <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 11:52 AM, Eric S. Raymond <email@example.com> wrote:
> > Joseph Myers <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> >> Where someone is listed in MAINTAINERS, I suggest preferring that email
> >> address over any older address you may have got from ChangeLogs etc.
> >> (unless they're requested otherwise or it seems the MAINTAINERS address is
> >> the one that hasn't been kept up to date).
> > Hm. I tried to do it that way - the gccfind script I wrote looked in
> > MAiNTAINERS first.
> >> For example, for Roland McGrath, email@example.com as in MAINTAINERS is
> >> probably to be preferred to firstname.lastname@example.org.
> > Corrected. I'll cheerfully accept any other corrections.
> dje = David Edelsohn <email@example.com>
> edelsohn = David Edelsohn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> These are both me. And I prefer email@example.com, which is listed in
> Thanks, David
<a href="http://www.catb.org/~esr/">Eric S. Raymond</a>