This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 33 unknowns left
- From: "Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus dot com>
- To: Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at foss dot arm dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 07:39:16 -0400
- Subject: Re: 33 unknowns left
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150826193120 dot GA4593 at thyrsus dot com> <55DED3DE dot 4080902 at foss dot arm dot com>
- Reply-to: esr at thyrsus dot com
Richard Earnshaw <Richard.Earnshaw@foss.arm.com>:
> Are we planning to map the commits back to the original contributors?
> Many patches are committed by developers with Gcc accounts on behalf of
> contributors that have no write privs.
In cases where the contributor is identified in the change comment, I use
that to set the Author header.
<a href="http://www.catb.org/~esr/">Eric S. Raymond</a>