This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 33 unknowns left
- From: "Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus dot com>
- To: pinskia at gmail dot com
- Cc: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>, Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 20:31:17 -0400
- Subject: Re: 33 unknowns left
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150826193120 dot GA4593 at thyrsus dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508261955070 dot 6767 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20150826203507 dot GC4945 at thyrsus dot com> <1440633318 dot 5089 dot 2 dot camel at otta> <20150827001251 dot GA9609 at thyrsus dot com> <47065BF7-75D3-4F10-BEFD-C70249E67A0D at gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: esr at thyrsus dot com
> > Really? Interesting. I have bever encountered "Ira" as a female name before.
> > What language does this?
> Most likely Hebrew. Ira is located in Israel.
OK, that's educational. I associate the name with American Jews, but
in English it is AFAIK only given to males.
<a href="http://www.catb.org/~esr/">Eric S. Raymond</a>