This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 33 unknowns left
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 22:09:25 +0000
- Subject: Re: 33 unknowns left
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150826193120 dot GA4593 at thyrsus dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508262026050 dot 6767 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20150826214333 dot GJ4945 at thyrsus dot com>
On Wed, 26 Aug 2015, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> > > dennisg = dennisg <dennisg>
> > Likely the same person as dglattin, Dennis Glatting <email@example.com>,
> > but no signs of ChangeLog entries for the dennisg commits.
> That's Ian's theory as well. With the independent confirmation I'll go
> with it.
FWIW it seems likely to me that the ObjC files in question were first
developed outside the GCC tree, on a system where his username was
dennisg, and then the ,v files from that development moved into the GCC
tree, at which point he both started committing from a different system
where he had the dglattin username, and started writing ChangeLog entries.
I didn't e.g. check dates for when ObjC was released with GCC, but such a
move of ,v files from one system to another would explain the different
Joseph S. Myers