Re: GCC and gender (was Re: 33 unknowns left)

Sandra Loosemore <sandra@codesourcery.com>:
> Speaking as a GCC hacker with two X chromosomes myself, I think I would be
> offended if I thought I were being recruited because of my gender instead of
> because I'm good at what I do.

I respect your attitude and would feel the same in your shoes.

I assure you I was making no such assumption.  I am quite strongly
opposed to playing diversity bingo for its own sake, and have in fact
caught flak from SJW types for saying so in public.

Still, it is a fact that a lot of projects these days do make such a
special effort.  And the anthropologist in me sees something a bit unusual
and wonders what the causation is.