Re: 33 unknowns left

Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com>:
> On Wed, 26 Aug 2015, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
>
> > After comparing with the Subversion hists, passswd file, the are 30
> > unknowns left.  Can anyone identify any of these?
> >
> > aluchko = aluchko <aluchko>
>
> Aaron Luchko <aluchko@redhat.com>

Aha.  I thought that was him.  I found his SourceForge account.

> > bo = bo <bo>
>
> Bo Thorsen <bo@suse.de>

Oh, thank you.  I had *no* idea how I was going to pin down that one.  It's
a unpromising string for web searches.

> > ira = ira <ira>
>
> Ira Ruben <ira@apple.com>
>
> > irar = irar <irar>
>
> Ira Rosen <irar@il.ibm.com>

I pretty much knew these two guys went with these two names, but couldn't
figure out which was which.  Thanks.

>[others omitted]
>
> All of the above are emails from the time of some commits, not necessarily
> current.

That's OK.  Addresses will go stale. The important thing is to
preserve as good odds as possible that fuure data mining will be able
to recognize when different name/address pairs with the same
name-among-humans refer to the same person.

The remaining list is pretty short:

bson = bson <bson>
cks = cks <cks>
click = click <click>