Re: 33 unknowns left

Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com>:

> > Michael Bushnell.  Aagain, not active in forever. mib@geech.gnu.ai.mit.edu
> > probably doesn't work anymore.
>
> This person (not quite sure how to say this) changed his name to
> Thomas Bushnell.  His public e-mail address seems to be tb@becket.net.
>
> Ian

Yes, I know how and why that happened.  I've actually had to deal with
the resulting confusion in other repositories. :-)

The way I cope is by respecting the person's apparent wish to have
those considered two separate identities demarcated by a complete
reorientation of his life, and leaving "Michael" in place for
attributions from before he took vows. This policy has the advantage
that I don't have to intrusively edit the record.

If Michael/Thomas ever becomes aware of the issue and wants me to edit to
Thomas, I assume he'll tell me.  Under the circumstances I rather doubt
it's high on his list of concerns.