This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Identifying contributors
- From: "Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus dot com>
- To: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 14:12:51 -0400
- Subject: Re: Identifying contributors
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150826155209 dot GA1806 at thyrsus dot com> <CAH6eHdQBYT8OU+jESfYD0onNX7WX9CQ45iSyvuw_Eyfz8BYv0Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: esr at thyrsus dot com
Jonathan Wakely <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> On 26 August 2015 at 16:52, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> > I believe I'm down to only 34 unidentified contributors out of 290.
> > Could someone send me a copy of the password file (or at least the
> > username and gecos fields) for the Subversion host? In some of the
> > remaining cases I could make guesses, but I'd prefer not to guess.
> Sent offlist.
And I'm working on a reusable tool to generate a contributor map from
a passwd file now. Or, as in this case. merge the passwd data into
an existing contributor map and sanity-check the results.
I should have done this much sooner - I don't know why it didn't occur
to me years ago. It will speed up future conversions.
<a href="http://www.catb.org/~esr/">Eric S. Raymond</a>