Re: Identifying contributors

Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com>:
> On 26 August 2015 at 16:52, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> > I believe I'm down to only 34 unidentified contributors out of 290.
> >
> > Could someone send me a copy of the password file (or at least the
> > username and gecos fields) for the Subversion host?  In some of the
> > remaining cases I could make guesses, but I'd prefer not to guess.
>
> Sent offlist.

And I'm working on a reusable tool to generate a contributor map from
a passwd file now.  Or, as in this case. merge the passwd data into
an existing contributor map and sanity-check the results.

I should have done this much sooner - I don't know why it didn't occur
to me years ago.  It will speed up future conversions.