Re: Moving to git

On 08/24/2015 11:49 AM, Jeff Law wrote:
On 08/24/2015 09:43 AM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
Not to mention we should keep the existing r123456 comments in bugzilla
working, and I'm not convinced keeping a SVN version of the repository
(frozen) for that purpose is the best idea.
I'd like to keep the old ones working, but new references should
probably be using the hash id and commit name.

As for how to best keep the old r123456 links working, I don't know.
Presumably those could be mapped behind the scenes to a git id.

git-svn find-rev takes r123456 and returns a commit hash based on the git-svn-id in the git log; I don't see why we would need to break that moving forward, though I'm not sure how well it would work without reference to an actual SVN server.

Jason