This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Moving to git
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, "gcc at gnu dot org" <gcc at gnu dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 20:24:49 +0000
- Subject: Re: Moving to git
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55D61512 dot 8010002 at redhat dot com> <55D61B23 dot 3000309 at redhat dot com> <55D63403 dot 4000603 at redhat dot com> <CAFiYyc0MBF3SFa_UOvSK3YhTWWWSn4Q0J=P6TvedaC5pkd7NCg at mail dot gmail dot com> <55D72F12 dot 3060502 at redhat dot com> <87pp2gwvu1 dot fsf at igel dot home> <55D76D52 dot 2040501 at redhat dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508212004160 dot 16722 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <55D787FB dot 1020309 at redhat dot com>
On Fri, 21 Aug 2015, Jason Merrill wrote:
> We should also talk about a policy for when we delete branches; there are a
> bunch of ancient feature and testing branches in SVN that I think are no
> longer interesting.
My view is don't delete (except for leaving user / company branches up to
those concerned), but potentially rename into a subdirectory e.g.
Joseph S. Myers