Re: Moving to git

On 08/21/2015 11:30 AM, Ramana Radhakrishnan wrote:
My query was whether allowing for rebase (rewriting history) in
published feature branches was a decision to be left to the branch
maintainers or was this going to be a repository wide restriction. It
also seems odd to me that trunk follows a (manual) fast-forward /
rebase and apply kind of development workflow while feature
development branches cannot maintain these in terms of
<mainstream>....<feature_patches> without jumping through hoops.

I would expect feature branches to merge from trunk when needed during development. When merging the feature into trunk the developer can just use git merge --squash and then decide whether to commit it in one hunk or several.

Jason