Re: Moving to git

On 08/20/2015 02:09 PM, Jason Merrill wrote:
On 08/20/2015 02:23 PM, Jeff Law wrote:
I suspect Jakub will strongly want to see some kind commit hook to
associate something similar to an SVN id to each git commit to support
his workflow where the SVN ids are  associated with the compiler
binaries he keeps around for very fast bisection.  I think when we
talked about it last year, he just needs an increasing # for each
commit, presumably starting with whatever the last SVN ID is when we
make the change.

Jakub: How about using git bisect instead, and identify the compiler
binaries with the git commit sha1?
That would seem to make reasonable sense to me. Jakub is on PTO, so we should re-engage on this tweak to his workflow when he returns.

Jeff