Re: Should we remove remnants of UWIN support in gcc/config.* files?

On August 20, 2015 5:22:47 PM EDT, Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com> wrote:
>On Thu, 20 Aug 2015, FX wrote:
>
>> > Well, they aren't *targets*, but *host* and *build* systems.
>>
>> Yes, but do we maintain a list of support host or build systems, that
>
>> would be different from our list of supported targets?
>
>I don't think there's such a list.  For any such system that's not a
>supported target to work in practice, it would need a reasonably modern
>
>C++ compiler, which probably rules out a lot of systems that have been
>obsoleted as targets.

Wouldn't a list be able to be compiled from major branch release announcements? There should be a deprecated and removed note in two release branch descriptions. Even if we screwed up and forgot to list it on both, if it likely to be in one of them.

--joel