This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Question about "instruction merge" pass when optimizing for size
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: "sarah at hederstierna dot com" <fredrik at hederstierna dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 16:38:31 -0400
- Subject: Re: Question about "instruction merge" pass when optimizing for size
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CE36BD26828FA5408B9F87E4DD2ACB0B0135774D9F16 at MBXVS01 dot HMC dot local> <4ad27b0cf3dd4b12a4a2a4530ce2f15a at DAG03 dot HMC dot local>
I've seen this on other targets too, sometimes so bad I write a quick
target-specific "stupid move optimizer" pass to clean it up.
A generic pass would be much harder, but very useful.