This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Adding static-PIE support to binutils
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>
- Cc: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 13:30:12 +0930
- Subject: Re: Adding static-PIE support to binutils
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150624041847 dot GA26414 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <CAMe9rOoQCDXZK_LTCt81+WvtBLsnNbGDR10_aKe4s8D+-3Ehng at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150818024256 dot GF32742 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <20150818034443 dot GH32742 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <CAMe9rOqZmc9K_bEKqWZ6tkTE66OegyE0JMRef1xEf32hWCPPSg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150818160855 dot GK32742 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <CAMe9rOorDaT1YEf=FrGMnyZgOmAGwrBpTEMZtYROCXG=ioSLvQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150819005842 dot GN32742 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx>
On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 08:58:43PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> I've updated the patch to cover the changes needed for all the
> elf??-*.c target files (lots of code duplication already there), skip
> the clearing of command_line.interpreter, and based it on current git
> master with your output_type changes.
This is OK to commit with a suitable ChangeLog. I think a separate ld
option is best too, because historically -static and its aliases
-Bstatic, -dn, -non_shared really are about what type of libraries are
accepted rather than choosing linker output type.
Australia Development Lab, IBM