Re: Using libbacktrace in libgfortran: some questions

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 7:11 AM, FX <fxcoudert@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I don't know why this is not working.  Everything looks fine in the
>> a.out that you sent.  Unfortunately, I think you sent the one built
>> without libbacktrace.  Can you send me the one built with libbacktrace?
>
> Attached is the a.out with libgfortran (and thus libbacktrace) linked in statically. If this isnât sufficient, I can send any file necessary (including the whole tree if need be).

Thanks.  The problem seems to be that gfortran is generating DWARF
info that looks like this:

subprogram test
  subprogram foo
  subprogram bar

libbacktrace does not expect to see this structure, and it thinks that
foo and bar have been inlined within test, which is not the case.

Please try this patch to libbacktrace and see if it helps.

Ian