Re: Using libbacktrace in libgfortran: some questions

> You might also take a look at the patch posted to PR 54572 which was my attempt to use libbacktrace a few years ago. While I got symbolic backtraces working somewhat, unfortunately I never got it to work completely since it crashed somewhere in libbacktrace in some cases, but maybe whatever bugs caused that have been fixed in the meantimeâ

I definitely did start from your patch at PR 54572!

libbacktrace definitely has improved, and now supports pecoff targets (i.e. Windows, I think). If we can get rid of the last few hurdles, then it will be a perfect solution for libgfortran, given it is already used in the compiler itself (and thus well-maintained).

Obviously, the major target for which support is missing is Darwin (Mach-O object files). I have looked at implementing it, but it is well beyond my simple understanding of object filesâ inner working :(

FX