This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
replacing multiplication with bit shifts, etc
- From: Quolick <quolick at conus dot info>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 18:00:52 +0200
- Subject: replacing multiplication with bit shifts, etc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: Quolick <quolick at conus dot info>
All compilers can replace multiplication operation by bit shifts and LEA x86 instruction
(if current target arch is x86).
Can I ask, where in GCC this happens? I can't find it in source code.