This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Expectations for 0/0
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- To: Paulo Matos <pmatos at broadcom dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 18:37:45 +0100
- Subject: Re: Expectations for 0/0
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <19EB96622A777C4AB91610E763265F465EAEA0 at SJEXCHMB14 dot corp dot ad dot broadcom dot com>
On 07/28/2015 04:40 PM, Paulo Matos wrote:
> The block skips the test for ((unsigned int) xx << 1 == 0 && yy == -1), should we skip it if they're both zero as well?
Yes. It's undefined behaviour. If we don't want to invoke nasal
daemons we shouldn't do this.