Re: [gomp] Reuse futex barrier implementation for RTEMS

On 17/07/15 13:26, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 01:17:32PM +0200, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>On 17/07/15 08:40, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >the libgomp configuration for RTEMS uses currently the POSIX
> >implementation. Unfortunately the performance is unacceptable bad, so I
> >work currently on a specialized RTEMS configuration. I would like to reuse
> >the code of the Linux futex barrier. On RTEMS there is no kernel/user
> >space separation. In order to make the futex management simpler, I would
> >like to optionally embed a futex object in the barrier. Would a change
> >like this be acceptable?
>
>Attached is a more complete example.
I'd prefer not to share the two implementations, just copy and adjust
the linux/bar.[ch] into rtems/bar.[ch].

Ok, I understand that you want to separate support for a niche system from the mainline Linux, but then I have to deal with all the problems involved with copy and paste of source code, e.g. RTEMS would not automatically profit from bug fixes and improvements of the Linux futex barrier.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09