This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gomp] Reuse futex barrier implementation for RTEMS
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Sebastian Huber <sebastian dot huber at embedded-brains dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 13:26:42 +0200
- Subject: Re: [gomp] Reuse futex barrier implementation for RTEMS
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55A8A347 dot 2010505 at embedded-brains dot de> <55A8E44C dot 7060500 at embedded-brains dot de>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 01:17:32PM +0200, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 17/07/15 08:40, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> >the libgomp configuration for RTEMS uses currently the POSIX
> >implementation. Unfortunately the performance is unacceptable bad, so I
> >work currently on a specialized RTEMS configuration. I would like to reuse
> >the code of the Linux futex barrier. On RTEMS there is no kernel/user
> >space separation. In order to make the futex management simpler, I would
> >like to optionally embed a futex object in the barrier. Would a change
> >like this be acceptable?
> Attached is a more complete example.
I'd prefer not to share the two implementations, just copy and adjust
the linux/bar.[ch] into rtems/bar.[ch].