This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: Traces on Data Dependency graph.
- From: Ajit Kumar Agarwal <ajit dot kumar dot agarwal at xilinx dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Vinod Kathail <vinodk at xilinx dot com>, Shail Aditya Gupta <shailadi at xilinx dot com>, Vidhumouli Hunsigida <vidhum at xilinx dot com>, "Nagaraju Mekala" <nmekala at xilinx dot com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 15:29:07 +0000
- Subject: RE: Traces on Data Dependency graph.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=pass (sender IP is 18.104.22.168) smtp.mailfrom=xilinx.com; ucw.cz; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;
- Bn1affo11hub026: X-MS-Exchange-Organization-RulesExecuted
- References: <37378DC5BCD0EE48BA4B082E0B55DFAA41F4673F at XAP-PVEXMBX02 dot xlnx dot xilinx dot com> <CAFiYyc3ZPbMUvi3J4JgNp7PmT+42dRZjOSeHKn1snpXHPLAYvg at mail dot gmail dot com>
From: Richard Biener [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2015 6:35 PM
To: Ajit Kumar Agarwal
Cc: Jeff Law; Jan Hubicka; email@example.com; Vinod Kathail; Shail Aditya Gupta; Vidhumouli Hunsigida; Nagaraju Mekala
Subject: Re: Traces on Data Dependency graph.
On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 2:12 PM, Ajit Kumar Agarwal <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I am wondering how useful to form the traces on Data Dependency Graph.
> On top of the traces in the Control flow graph, I was thinking of forming the traces on data Dependency graph(DDG).
> Would this helps in further vectorization and parallelization candidates.
>>Not sure how you'd do that? Transform data dependences to control dependences?
Work has done with respect to the control flow traces and the dependency traces where the control flow traces
Can also explicitly identifies the def and use with respect to the registers but for the flow information of memory is difficult
To extract from the control flow traces and thus dependent on data dependency traces. The data dependence traces
Are long in the sense that it requires the execution instance of the statement along with the data dependence. The DDG
Graph annotates the statement along with the statement which can be further enhanced with execution instance of the
Statement. There has been work done by Zhang and Gupta etal to form the whole execution Traces with respect to control flow
edges and the dependency edges at granularity level of statement and the blocks.
I was thinking of data dependency traces with respect to the DDG having the statements and augmented with the execution
Instance of the statement that will help with traces for flow information of memory.
Both Dependence(control and data) profiles have been used in Data Speculative optimizations (Lin etal 2003 - 2004), Speculative
Optimizations (2004) and computation of dynamic slices.
I am not sure how useful would it be and would like to have your opinion on this.
Thanks & Regards
> Thanks & Regards