This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Basic GCC testing question
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 07:23:57 -0500
- Subject: Re: Basic GCC testing question
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <a4f8a0c8-cac2-478e-9577-2f40ae33fd48 at BAMAIL02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org> <20150710192749 dot GD6366 at gate dot crashing dot org> <1436562849 dot 19674 dot 69 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey>
On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 02:14:09PM -0700, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> > > make RUNTESTFLAGS='dg.exp --target-board=unix' check
> > Does it work better if you spell --target_board ?
> Arg, I hate it when I do something stupid like that. It would be ince
> if runtest gave an error message when it had a bad/unknown argument, but
> if it does I didn't see it anywhere.
It is worse than that: it treats --target_bo* as --target_board, and
any other --ta* as --target. So it's not "unknown"...
Don't typo, use scripts ;-)