This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Proposal to postpone release of 5.2 for a week [Was: Re: patch to fix PR66782]
- From: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- To: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 10:09:34 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Proposal to postpone release of 5.2 for a week [Was: Re: patch to fix PR66782]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFULd4ajp7EtVy4VW_eqUA+XoK6nnofzFJBMROZQYuJYdhn6=w at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, 9 Jul 2015, Uros Bizjak wrote:
> > The patch was bootstrapped and tested on x86/x86-64.
> > Committed as rev. 225618.
> > 2015-07-09 Vladimir Makarov <email@example.com>
> > PR rtl-optimization/66782
> > * lra-int.h (struct lra_insn_recog_data): Add comment about
> > clobbered hard regs for arg_hard_regs.
> > * lra.c (lra_set_insn_recog_data): Add clobbered hard regs.
> > * lra-lives.c (process_bb_lives): Process clobbered hard regs.
> > Add condition for processing used hard regs.
> > * lra-constraints.c (update_ebb_live_info, inherit_in_ebb):
> > Process clobbered hard regs.
> I would like to nominate this patch for gcc-5.2 release. According to
> downstream bugreport , gcc-5.1 is unusable for 64-bit wine:
> "Breaks all of wine, no easy workaround -> blocker."
> Due to severity of this bug, and importance of Wine, I'd like to
> postpone the 5.2 release for a week, so this bug gets some testing in
> the mainline, before it is backported to gcc-5 branch
>  https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=38653
Hm. I'd rather burn this with a RC2 released soon or defer it to
GCC 5.3. The patch looks kind-of straight-forward, likely not
affecting anything else (to my naiive eyes...).
So - please get it committed to the GCC 5 branch as soon as possible.
A GCC 5.2 RC2 will be done on Monday latest then (possibly during the
weekend if I find the time to do it).
Note this opens the window for other important wrong-code fixes - please
CC me on any you'd like to propose for GCC 5.2 and wait for my