This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Proposal to postpone release of 5.2 for a week [Was: Re: patch to fix PR66782]
- From: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- To: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 22:20:54 +0200
- Subject: Proposal to postpone release of 5.2 for a week [Was: Re: patch to fix PR66782]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
> The patch was bootstrapped and tested on x86/x86-64.
> Committed as rev. 225618.
> 2015-07-09 Vladimir Makarov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> PR rtl-optimization/66782
> * lra-int.h (struct lra_insn_recog_data): Add comment about
> clobbered hard regs for arg_hard_regs.
> * lra.c (lra_set_insn_recog_data): Add clobbered hard regs.
> * lra-lives.c (process_bb_lives): Process clobbered hard regs.
> Add condition for processing used hard regs.
> * lra-constraints.c (update_ebb_live_info, inherit_in_ebb):
> Process clobbered hard regs.
I would like to nominate this patch for gcc-5.2 release. According to
downstream bugreport , gcc-5.1 is unusable for 64-bit wine:
"Breaks all of wine, no easy workaround -> blocker."
Due to severity of this bug, and importance of Wine, I'd like to
postpone the 5.2 release for a week, so this bug gets some testing in
the mainline, before it is backported to gcc-5 branch