This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Testing and dynamic linking on remote target
- From: David Talmage <dtalmage at isi dot edu>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 11:56:51 -0400
- Subject: Testing and dynamic linking on remote target
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I'm looking for a way to specify the LD_LIBRARY_PATH or LD_PRELOAD on the
target system when running one of the DejaGNU test suites. I'm testing a gcc
cross-compiler on a development board. I can't replace existing versions of
libraries under test because other people are using the development board when
I found a thread about this in the archives: "Is anyone testing for a (cross-)
target (board) with dynlinking?"
(https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2008-02/msg00201.html). The best suggestion at the
time was to NFS mount the cross-compiled library directory and use "-Wl,-
dynamic-linker -Wl,-rpath" in LDFLAGS.
NFS mounting isn't an option for me, alas.