This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Question about always executed info computed in tree-ssa-loop-im.c
- From: "Bin.Cheng" <amker dot cheng at gmail dot com>
- To: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 14:52:11 +0800
- Subject: Question about always executed info computed in tree-ssa-loop-im.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Function fill_always_executed_in_1 computes basic blocks' always
executed information, and it has below code and comment:
/* In a loop that is always entered we may proceed anyway.
But record that we entered it and stop once we leave it. */
inn_loop = bb->loop_father;
Then in following iterations, it breaks the loop if basic block not
belonging to the inner loop is encountered. This means basic blocks
after inner loop won't have always executed information computed, even
they dominates the original loop's latch.
Am I missing something? Why is that?