This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [AD] UltraGDB, an alternative tool to debug GCC, GDB, LLDB, etc. on Windows and Linux
- From: "Xu,Chiheng" <chiheng dot xu at gmail dot com>
- To: Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gdb at sourceware dot org, lldb-dev at cs dot uiuc dot edu
- Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 03:46:24 +0800
- Subject: Re: [AD] UltraGDB, an alternative tool to debug GCC, GDB, LLDB, etc. on Windows and Linux
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPOVtOtuWy-N1eXakUSDYRqd-ThjVYvUDYoJ0hzDs52HngpjDA at mail dot gmail dot com> <87io9vg4k6 dot fsf at redhat dot com>
On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 3:18 AM, Sergio Durigan Junior
> I tried to find the source code of this package, but I could not find
> it. Do you have a URL or something you can provide?
Sorry, source code of UltraGDB is not available now. The source code
is actually a trimmed down, supercharged, and re-branded Eclipse CDT.
All of our technology is built on open source, and for open source. It
maybe weird for us not to provide the source code. But we are just
founded, we have no idea how to continue developing this product. In
other word, we have no business model yet. At present, we just want
to know whether or not our product is useful, if so, then we think it
is meaningful to work on it.
This product is actually a part of much bigger and more ambitious plan
that can't be disclosed right now. In the future, we may decide to
provide the source code of UltraGDB.
Any comment or suggestion on the UltraGDB product, or "development
model", or "business model" is welcomed.