This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Does GCC generate LDRD/STRD (Register) forms?
- From: "Anmol Paralkar (anmparal)" <anmparal at cisco dot com>
- To: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 02:05:08 +0000
- Subject: Does GCC generate LDRD/STRD (Register) forms?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Does GCC generate LDRD/STRD (Register) forms [A8.8.74/A8.8.211 per ARMv7-A
& ARMv7-R ARM]?
Based on various attempts to write code to get GCC to generate a sample
form, and subsequently inspecting the code I see in
config/arm/arm.c/output_move_double () & arm.md [GCC 4.9.2], I think that
these register based forms of LDRD/STRD are
not generated, but I thought it might be a good idea to ask on the list,
just in case.