This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Consideration of Cost associated with SEME regions.
- From: Ajit Kumar Agarwal <ajit dot kumar dot agarwal at xilinx dot com>
- To: "vmakarov at redhat dot com" <vmakarov at redhat dot com>, "law at redhat dot com" <law at redhat dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Vinod Kathail <vinodk at xilinx dot com>, Shail Aditya Gupta <shailadi at xilinx dot com>, Vidhumouli Hunsigida <vidhum at xilinx dot com>, "Nagaraju Mekala" <nmekala at xilinx dot com>
- Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 10:02:47 +0000
- Subject: Consideration of Cost associated with SEME regions.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=pass (sender IP is 184.108.40.206) smtp.mailfrom=xilinx.com; redhat.com; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;
The Cost Calculation for a candidate to Spill in the Integrated Register Allocator(IRA) considers only the SESE regions.
The Cost Calculation in the IRA should consider the SEME regions into consider for spilling decisions.
The Cost associated with the path that has un-matured exists should be less, thus making the more chances of spilling decision
In the path of un-matured exits. The path that has un-matured (normal )exists should be having a higher cost than the cost of un-matured exists and
Spilling decisions has to made accordingly in order to spill inside the less frequency path with the un-matured exists than the high frequency
Path with the normal exits.
I would like to propose the above for consideration of cost associated with SEME regions in IRA.
Thanks & Regards